How do you get your children to understand when it's time to get up? SIMPLE "stay in bed until you see the sun!" This updated version of the Gro-clock uses fun images of the stars and sun to communicate when to go back to sleep and when it's time to get up. Due to popular request, this 2010 version of the Gro-Clock has a new feature allowing parents to choose whether or not to display the digital clock during the usual ‘stars to sun’ countdown. So for older children, they can now start to learn digital time, as well as look for the arrival of the sun!
The Gro-clock also comes with a beautifully illustrated book which helps to encourage children to stay in bed longer, which means more sleep for them and more sleep for you! "No more getting up at 5am!". It is this combination of the simple glowing images and the bedtime story book which has already made the Gro-Clock a phenomenal success.
- Glowing screen shows images of stars and sun to communicate 'sleep' and 'wake-up' time
- Includes fun bedtime story book
- Stars go out one-by-one during the night to show the passing of time
- Key-lock option
- Option to set two separate wake-up times (weekday/weekend or night-time/day-time nap)
- Adjustable screen brightness
- Silent operation
- Optional audible alarm feature
- Mains powered (UK adapter included) Suitable from age 2+ years
International Delivery: Please contact us at Hello@Gro.co.uk for Gro Clock orders being shipped to Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Sweden, or France.
- I bought this for my son and although he is too little at the moment to understand time he likes the happy faces of the sun and star. Getting him familiar with it early on will help him later. I really like this it is easy to use and set up.
Couldn't be without it!!!
- We first bought our Gro-clock when my oldest son (now four) moved into a bed and began getting up agonisingly early. It took less than a week for him to the get the idea and since then we haven't looked back! It is lovely as it's incorporated into the bed routine with my boys saying "na'night sunshine" before I press the button every night and it is there throughout the night as comfort and a small amount of light. I now have another son (now two) who has grown up with the clock as part of his routine and they both come into our bedroom in the morning with the same phrase "the sunshine's out mummy" (which is always nice to hear). I honestly can't imagine life without it! Thank you gro!!!!!! :)
- We decided to get this for our son as he was deciding that 5.30am was a good wake up time! We really trust the Gro products having used the Gro Egg and Gro bags and thought we would give it a go. The clock and book are very good quality, we explained carefully to our 2 year old the idea of the clock and waiting until the sun came up before he got up, it took a couple of nights and it was a complete change for us all. My son loves the idea of having his own clock and says Good Morning Mr Sunshine in the morning (morning being a time we select rather than him!!!) I cannot recommend this enough, you may think it won't work, but give it a go you will be surprised and all of you will be rested!! A happy household :-)
Great idea although setting a bit fiddle initially
This is a fab clock that our eldest has called her special clock, she loves the features and says the sun has legs when she loons at the rays.
The setting of the clocks alarms was really confusing I found but through trial and error managed to finally set the wake up a the correct tine . I found the wording along with the symbols a bit contradictory really.
- My son had sleep issues ever since he was born--he would cry himself to sleep, wake up throughout the night, didn't know when it was morning, had short naps, experienced sleep inertia, etc. I was waking up with him at 5am every morning. We bought this clock when he turned two years old and trained him to sleep progressively until 7:15. After all the things we tried previously, I could not believe the results we experienced with this clock! Amazing! It totally transformed his sleeping habits, and I am so thankful! We've been using it for a year now, and my son wakes consistently every day at 7:15 and exclaims excitedly, "My sun's awake, my sun's awake! Come see it!" Easy to understand. Worth every penny and so much more. I plan on buying another for my one-year-old.
- I recently bought my 2year old the groclock after he began to wake before 5am. It's early days & he still wakes but he stays in his little bed till the sunshine comes out! He really enjoys saying goodnight to the sunshine & hello to the stars. I think this has to be the best thing that I have ever bought. A WONDERFUL invention! Thank you
Amazing but needs something improving
- There is a review by someone called Matt that sums it up for me. Amazing clock but without be being able to add batteries is limited. I was really hoping to take it away with us camping as but it needs mains. Still very pleased I got this tho as it has made a drastic difference to our life. Just worrying that the time away from it may undo all the hard work.
Lovely, well built product that is easy to use
The accompanying book is a great idea, giving meaning to the clock.
My son loves saying goodnight to the sun and hello to the star. He can also switch it to night mode himself at 3 years old.
He fully understands the clock and will stay in his room until the clock is yellow so it is working as expected in the mornings.
Downsides: I was expecting to be able to time the sunset also. Our biggest issue is not early mornings but late nights. If the clock went blue by itself at a set time then I could use that to get my son to stay in his bed. As it is you have to change it to blue yourself meaning it only solves half the problem. Had I understood this I probably would not have bought it. Second issue is the brightness. Even on the lowest setting my sons room is so light at night that he can move around, read his books and keep himself awake. As a result his late nights got later making the problem worse not better. We have now set the brightness to be off so there is no light at all. This works better but it seems a shame. I cannot understand why it would need to be so bright. The brightest setting must be completely unusable.
I am glad we have the clock, to avoid those few early wake up calls but I feel there is the potential of a mark-II version with some other options to assist with different sleep issues.
- We bought this for our son a year ago when he was 2yo to teach him when it was ok for him to get out of bed without having to call us. He now uses it to know when he's allowed out of bed if he wakes early. This has been a fantastic product for us, and we highly recommend it.
Good product, but ...
- Although this is a good product, and works really well at night, I think a few software changes would make it fantastic. It would be more useful if you could set the duration of day time nap, rather than having a fixed wake-up time. My toddler sleeps when he is tired, so I have to constantly reset the waking time. I think it would also be useful if it had an analogue clock time for when he is a little older, rather than a digital clock. Concept great, just needs a little more modification.
Great but could be improved
Overall, this is a great (if not pricey) product which does a great job of teaching young children when it is the 'appropriate' time to get up. My 2yr old son adapted to it within a few days and is now makes a point of showing how the 'sun has come up' each morning. He does still sometime ignore the clock though, and get up before the sun.
My only real criticism about the clock is the fact it does not have any form of battery back-up. The clock therefore switches off as soon as power is lost and the time has to be reset once it is restored. I haven't read every previous review but no-one seems to have mentioned that the 'key lock' is kind of pointless when children can simply pull out the power lead from the back as my son has done! I have had to move it out of his reach for this reason.
Having a battery back up is no-brainer as far I can see, particularly since it is LED powered and therefore has low power consumption so any battery should last for ages.
No more night wakings!!
I cannot say enough good things about this product. My son was a VERY bad sleeper. It took him up to an hour at night to stay in bed and sleep and he used to wake up frequently during the night crying. When the days got shorter he'd wake us up as soon as 5:00 a.m. and there was no way to get him back to bed. NOTHING worked, no sleep-training, lullabies, darkening the window...
It took him as little as three nights to develop a good sleeping habit with the gro clock. It is worth every penny! We've been using it for about a year and a half (he was about 26 months old when we bought it).
Good, but could there be a remote control one?
- My 2 year old has been using it for 6 months. She knows exactly how it works, but chooses to ignore it sometimes. Rather than have ages of tears, a remote control would allow me to change the status of the clock from outside her room. That would mean day could arrive earlier, if I wanted it too!
- i bought the clock a couple of years ago for my 4 year old and it works it takes time tho.. i now need to buy anoher one as my 3 year old son needs one and the eldest doesnt want to give it up
I started using the gro-clock when my son was only 15months old so this can be used a lot earlier than 2yrs. He was a bit too young to understand the story so instead I developed my own routine to introduce the clock - with a few days it was working!!
I now take this on holiday with me too so my son can quickly adjust to new time zones......absolutely amazing product. I would highly recommend it!!
Toddler Best Buy
- Cannot recommend enough. First night results! Think our hype about her special new clock and the story helped and we did have a settling in period where she would wake early and need us to go in and remind her to wait until the sun comes up. Love the 2 settings (we have 7am weekdays and 7.30 weekends)! So much better than Cars clock we bought for son as it didn't have the proper time and went through batteries like no tomorrow and made a scary sound when it went off waking him with a start and worse still when batteries ran out in the middle of the night it woke him up! Will buy a Gro Clock for the next friend to have a baby for sure.
Fab. works a treat after a few weeks!
- I got this clock as my son was waking up at 6am, it didn't work immediately but after a few weeks of us waiting in his bed until the sun came up he got it and now wakes up and shouts 'the suns come up!' Would recommend for 2yrs +
Why didn't I buy one sooner?!?
- This clock is amazing. I took me a while to order one as it isn't cheap for a clock but now I am so glad I did. My son now stays in bed until the sun comes out (and sometimes later!), which gives him two very happy parents. And the book that accompanies the clock is excellent. Worth every penny. Fantastic. Thank you!
- This clock is amazing! Exactly what I was looking for. It shows the time for adults as well as showing a basic difference between sleep time and wake time for a child. I recommend this highly!
- I bought this clock around a year ago when my daughter moved into a bed and discovered she could get out and would wake quite early and up she would get. Love the book that comes with it as it explains how the clock works. My daughter was able to tell the story not long after I got the clock and knows that she can't get up until the sun.
fantastic, amazing, 100%successful product!!!!
- had been thinking about buying this product for some time but wasn't sure if it was just an expensive gimmick. how wrong could i be. our 2 1/2yr old has always been an early riser and 7am is a lie in. however after months of waking at 6am or sometimes before i took action and ordered the clock. hallelujah!! within a week she was telling everyone about her new clock and had to do 'show and tell'. we started with 6.30am starts as recommended by a previous reviewer so she wouldnt get disheartened and are already up to 7am with her sleepinng past that on several mornings. 100%recommend this product. well done gro group.
- A total life saver! I wish we'd found this product ages ago - perhaps then we could of had more sleep. So simple, yet so effective. I recommend this clock to all of my friends with young kids.
- Superb! such a great invention. My little one particularly likes the beautifully illustrated book that comes with it.
Done it again!
- The people at Gro have done it again! This is the best invention since the Grobag! The Grobag gave us all that sleep for the first 3 years, and now the Gro-clock has taken over the baton, keeping our little one in bed "until the sun". The book's fab too. Thanks again for a wonderful product. I'm recommending it to all my friends.
- It even worked on Christmas Day! What more can you ask!
Even for older children
- I purchased this product in the hope that my partners 6 year old, who although lovely, would wake us up at 5am everyday, might be pursuaded to stay in her room or watch CBBies until the 'sun' comes up - and am delighted to report that it works brilliantly! The bags under my eyes are subsiding daily. I highly recommend this product, even for slightly older children!
Give it time
- FANTASTIC - but give it time ! Started this clock on my 2 yr 1 week old little boy, who woke us up anything from 4.30 am ! At first nothing happened although he loved having a clock by his bed and watching the moon go to sleep. After a week we ended up setting the time so that the sun came on before he woke, to give him the confidence the sun would come. We then changed the time by 20 mins and again for a week he woke up after the sun ! Changed the time again by 10 mins and if he wakes up and sees the moon he goes back to sleep ! He is so proud and happy when he wakes up and sees the sun and shouts, time to wake up ! Really does work, just dont expect it to work the first night, fantastic product, would highly highly reccommend ! Thank you !
my sun has come up
- We bought this for our son for his 4th birthday, despite my husband's scepticism that he was too old for it. After a coupe of weeks he had got the idea and now consistently stays in his room until "my sun has come up, Mummy." No more shouting "Can I get up yet?!" to wake his little sister. He adores the sun on the clock and his sister (21m) is jealous of the clock. I think we are going to need another. The digital feature on the new version would be fab.
- This clock and book are an excellent purchase, superb quality and worth the money. I bought this for my son who is nearly 2 about 6 weeks ago, he absolutely loves saying "bye bye sun, good night star" every night and it is now part of his bedtime routine, however he seems to take no notice in the morning and gets up when he wants sometimes before before the sun, sometimes after, hence the 4 star rating. I'm hoping as he gets older it will work for him if we keep pushing it. That said, a great product he loves it and the book.
- This is one of the best things I have bought, and I recommend it to all my friends. Our 3 year old was waking up very early, and we realised it was because he was genuinely confused about the time, particularly over the summer with the very light mornings. We got the Moon/Sun clock, and each night he loves saying goodbye to the sun and telling it what he has done that day. He always waits for the sun in the morning before getting up now. I also give him a sticker for his reward chart every morning that he waits for the sun, as an added incentive! Great idea and worth every single penny!
- We love this clock, our daughter stays in her room until the sun comes up even if she has been awake for ages! We have the older version with the moon rather than the star. I'm not sure why you have changed it, it makes more sense to be a moon and the sun surely? Bit disappointed on that as we want to buy one for our youngest daughter! Either way it is a great product!
- Fantastic product. My girls were getting up from 5.30am onwards to check if it was 'wakey time'. Since introducing this clock they stay in bed until the sun comes up. They love their clocks. I must admit I do find them on the expensive side. Especially when I had to buy two as they've a bedroom each.