Young babies love to feel all snug and secure, just like when they were in mummy's tummy. The Gro-swaddle is simply a clever shaped wrap that goes round your baby with no need for poppers, Velcro® or ties. Just enough fabric to keep your baby snug, but not so much that they get too hot or have to be wound up like a bandage. Perfect. Fingers crossed for a good night's sleep all round.
- Lightweight 100% cotton jersey shaped wrap
- 0-3 months (max weight 14lbs/6.5kg)
- Suitable for over or under arm swaddling
- Recreates the comforting and soothing feeling of being in the womb
- No poppers, Velcro or ties to ensure you can't swaddle them too tightly.
For greater detail on these features, and a guide on how to Swaddle please click on the More Info tab above
Quick guide to swaddling
The Gro-swaddle is a cleverly shaped jersey wrap that goes around your baby with no need for poppers, Velcro or ties. Just enough fabric to keep your baby snug, but not so much that they get too hot. Here is our quick guide on how to use the Gro-swaddle:
- Place your baby on a comfortable flat surface, on top of the opened out swaddle wrap.
- Fold the bottom flap over the baby’s legs.
- Take the shorter wing of the wrap and fold the end of it underneath the baby.
- Then take the longer wing of the wrap and fold the end of it underneath the baby. Check to see if any adjustment is needed to ensure the wrap isn’t covering the face.
The baby’s weight combined with the stretchy fabric help to keep the swaddle wrap securely in place.
How to wash
All Gro-swaddles can be machine washed at 40°C. They can be hung out to dry or tumble dried on a low setting. As with all cotton goods, we have designed our Gro-swaddle to allow for up to 5% shrinkage. If your child has any allergies and you wish to wash your Gro-swaddle at 60°C, you should allow for a little more shrinkage. You can iron your Gro-swaddle on a low heat if desired. We recommend that you wash dark colours separately for the first few washes. We also recommend that you wash your Gro-swaddle with a detergent that is free from bleaching agents in order to retain the original colours.
Essential baby product
- I love the soft feel of the fabric and it seems baby does too. Unlike plain blankets, this swaddle has a flap to be folded up over the feet making a snug swaddle far easier to achieve.
Great Newborn Essential
- I loved the Gro Swaddles for my newborn born in June. It was perfect for keeping my baby feeling secure and is nice and small to carry around with you in your change bag. I liked that my baby could be swaddled whatever the weather with the easy to understand clothing chart that came with the swaddle too. They also helped us establish breast feeding by keeping baby's hands tucked away and allowed us to perfect our latch.